WHAT EXACTLY DOES THAT MEAN FOR BUSINESSES AND MARKETING?
EVOLVE = make progress, advance, move forward.
EVOLVE IN MARKETING = optimize strategies, processes, plans, tactics, etc.
EVOLVE IN BUSINESS = leverage solutions, automation, implementation of software, create effective sales funnel, company culture, personalize user experience, etc.
Thanks to technology, the world advances at a fast pace. We always have something to do and very little time to do it. This also applies to businesses and business leaders. Technology allows us to learn, keep up with trends and be in touch with current events; still we need to adjust objectives, processes, plans, etc., not only to create efficiencies through optimization, but to survive.
7 out 10 entrepreneurs who start a businesses fail within 10 years.
In marketing, we love statistics and data.
Here are some eye-opening facts showing how technology has pushed evolution in all aspects.
1. The first commercial text message was sent in 1992. Today, the number of text messages sent and received every day, exceeds the total population of the planet.
2. Years it takes to reach a market audience of 50 million.
- Radio – 38 years
- TV – 13 years
- Internet – 4 years
- Facebook – 2 years
3. Facebook has 845 million active users. If Facebook were a country, it would be the third largest, behind China and India.
4. There are 31 billion searches in Google every month. In 2006, this number was 2.7 billion.
5. The top 10 in-demand jobs in 2010 did not exist in 2004. We are currently preparing students for jobs that don’t yet exist, using technologies that haven’t been invented.